Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Grass on the Other Side


I'm at the time in my life where many of my friends have families with young or grown children. Many are experiencing the turmoil of separation and divorce. There are often circumstances that create the necessity for this change, like it or not. Mutually agreed upon or individually created. 

My divorced "cougar" gang is embarking on a new journey. These are the one I admired for their relationships and family life. I'm not saying I don't admire them now, I'm just saying from the outside they looked perfect before the divorce. Those couples and families that I often compared my marriage with during arguments with hubby.

Don't get me wrong, I respect and support my friends decisions and will be there till the end. Quite frankly its none of my business so I merely listen, and encourage. I don't point fingers or judge. I'm here when they need me and just request to come along from time to time to play.

When a relationship ends, whether divorce or even a youthful breakup, its time to make change. Change of career, hair, goals, shoes, whatever! However, before you break up I would advise you to go out to a bar on a Friday night and take a look around. This is what scares me the most, its getting older and starting over. Obviously a bad bar is not the best place to pick up a new friend but you never know. And if its a bar you must try some new ones from time to time.

Cheers to those of you that were slapped with the reality without a choice. You fighters and I'm right there with you to move on. For the rest of you thinking about separation...go to church and ask for some spiritual guidance, call your parents or your older kids, and run like a maniac to clear your head. The grass is not any better on the other side. In fact, it looks better from a distance but its a no different up close. I pray I dont have to find out. 

Ok, its happy hour. Dont forget to take a cab when you go to the bars to play!


No comments:

Post a Comment