Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weeds



I admit...I have an obsession with killing weeds. I spray, round up, stomp, tear, blah....We had enough a month ago to start a thistle farm. I believe I am getting somewhere but they still pop up here and there. I find myself googling weed types, slowly driving by weedy lawns, checking out roadside overgrowth... just to be sure I know what Im controlling. They drive me nuts and I am trying to win.

Check out my attached photos.....my daughter Shay is shown in a few of them. Some might say the hair resembles a weed? In fact, I believe a dandelion! I say that my obsession is also love. Oh that little Shay, she is into everything, I can keep her out, she is determined beyond belief. I try to control, to organize, and Ive learned to let her move freely on her path. This is how she and I both find happiness in our day.  

So...neighbors, friends...Im sorry to say....next year we will have a full grown thistle farm and I will be proud of it. Unless of course you know a reasonable landscaper that will work with us. Im a great manager but I lack the time to create the scape outdoors. By the way...my sweet dandelion is screaming as I write. bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment