Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Bus


Ive always been a huge fan of public transportation. Saving money on gas, the environment, the list goes on. 

However, until this week, I had never considered putting my daughter on a school bus. Perhaps it was because I lived 1 mile from preschool and our schedules were manageable. 

Today was different, Skylar would ride the bus home from school. I sent her to school with a "first student bus" postcard and told her to double check the number for her afternoon bus. Did I mention she just turned 7 in September? She said, "great...see you later...bye bye". 

I was nervous she would forget that she was taking the bus or maybe they would forget she was on the bus. I know it sounds silly but there is a first for everything. 

The bus pulled up to my front door at the exact time I would have pulled in my driveway tugging along 3 screaming kids in need of an afternoon snack. Skylar jumped out and we met her with a smile! Wow....why did we wait so long. 

Three cheers to the bus driver! And thank you for delivering my oldest baby right to my front door. See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Love the new blog! I've been interested in starting one for some time but just haven't sat down to do it yet. Several family members blog and I love being able to "peak" into their lives to stay in touch. Hopefully one of these days, I'll get one started!

    ReplyDelete